Witnessing ICE activity, or think you might be?
- Call 1-844-864-8341 and dial 1 to speak with a dispatcher
- The dispatcher will ask for more location and situation details from you, then send trained volunteers to the scene
- If an ICE raid is occurring, volunteers will record the event, seek to identify the agents participating, and remind those involved of their constitutional rights.
- After the incident, if possible, volunteers will follow up to connect you with a local member of CIRC’s statewide DocuTeam, who will work with you to document the event and refer you to legal resources if necessary.
Want to report a past interaction with ICE?
- Call the hotline and dial 2 to leave a message. Make sure to state your phone number and town.
- A nearby DocuTeam member will reach out to you within 3-4 business days and work with you to document the incident.
Documentation is used to monitor police/ICE collaboration, detect patterns that can guide our legislative efforts, and build a strong statewide network of people resisting deportations in their own communities. The testimonies of directly impacted people helped Colorado repeal our “show me your papers” law that forced local police to act as ICE agents in 2013.