June 15th, 2020 marks 8 years since DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) was first created after undocumented leaders in Colorado and across the US demanded relief from deportation. DACA has allowed hundreds of thousands of recipients to remain home in the US. Eight years later we are nowhere nearer to having a concrete answer for the over 700,000 DACA recipients or the millions of others in our communities and families who desperately need and deserve a pathway to citizenship in a country they have helped build and contribute to. This is because of Congress’ inability to enact meaningful legislation to reform our immigration system in ways that are just and equitable for those who have been forced to live in the shadows for far too long.
Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition > What's New at CIRC > Cory Gardner Must Introduce the Dream and Promise Act
- Take Action! Colorado Sheriffs Should Not Work with ICE!Our Work, Take Action, What's New at CIRCJune 2, 2023
- Commemorating 10 Years of Drivers Licenses for All: Press ConferenceIn the News, Update, What's New at CIRCJune 2, 2023
- ICE testing new immigrant surveillance device in DenverIn the News, Press ReleaseMay 19, 2023
- New Report Details Disturbing Abuse by ICE Agents in ColoradoIn the News, Press Release, Take Action, UpdateApril 24, 2023
- Immigrant Activists and Community Members to Rally at Colorado State Capitol to Push Registry UpdatePress ReleaseMarch 8, 2023