The American Dream.
The Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition is working with member organizations from across the great state of Colorado to travel to 9 different towns, which will host 10 DREAMers who are speaking out about their American Dream.
Congress has once again kicked the can down the road while the DACA deadline is fast approaching on March 5th, 2018. Both Colorado’s Senators Michael Bennet and Cory Gardner are in the “Gang of 6,” a group of bipartisan negotiator Senators, but the group has so far failed to introduce a proposal that both parties can support.
Both parties are point fingers at each other and President Trump continues demand harsh and ever-escalating, anti-immigrant policies in exchange for 800,000 American Dreams. to strain conversations with ever-escalating demands for anti-immigrant that only serve to hold DACA recipients hostage.
Dreamers are calling on community members and allies to join us! Republicans and Democrats are pointing fingers at each other and continuing to stall conversations because of their focus on the 2018 midterm elections.
Let’s grab their attention by showing them that we hear them loud & clear! Let’s rally, write letters to their offices, make calls and educate voters to vote for immigrants this election.
Tour Dates & Facebook EventsDay One: Thursday 2/8/18
- Greeley, CO – 2101 10th Ave, Greeley, CO – 4-5:30 PM
- Fort Collins, CO – 1101 Center Ave Mall, Fort Collins, CO 80521 – 7:30-8:30 PM
- Colorado Springs, CO – Montain Lion Statue outside Cramer’s Library 1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – 2- 3:30 PM
- Pueblo, CO -Sister Cities Plaza Park 211 N. Union Avenue Pueblo, CO 81003 – 5-7PM
- Durango, CO – Buckley Park – 10AM
- Grand Junction, CO – First Congregational United Church of Christ – 7-8PM
- Carbondale, CO – Two Rivers Unitarian Universalist Church – 10AM-12PM
- Silverthorne, CO – TBD – 3-5PM