Job & Internship Opportunities
Join our team!
CIRC is hiring a Communications Manager to join our statewide staff.
The Communications Manager is essential to connecting our statewide movement, ensuring CIRC members are informed about the work of the coalition, driving rapid response messaging for our campaigns on the state and national level, and providing essential support to the development team.
This full-time position requires 3-5 years Communications experience and reports to the Executive Director out of the Denver Office. The Communications manager will work closely with all members of the team to implement strategic and timely communications for our membership, donors, and general community.
|Location||CIRC Central Office in Denver|
|Program area(s) and general summary||The Communications Manager will be responsible for developing powerful messaging, strengthening communications and media outreach, and improving the visibility of CIRC members in Colorado and Nationwide.|
|Reports to||Executive Director|
|Closes||Position is open until filled|
The Communications Manager will strengthen the visibility and communications capacity of CIRC through strategic communications, team collaboration, and digital media for CIRC member’s priority campaigns. The Communications Manager will manage and lead internal member communications as well as external communications to CIRC donors, supporters, and community stakeholders. This position will ensure CIRC’s social media presence is timely, consistent and relevant to our membership and community stakeholders. The Communications Manager shapes a pro-immigrant narrative to influence public policy and will help ensure that CIRC and its membership are the authorities on immigrant issues and our member’s policy priorities via print, TV, radio and online outlets by telling our members stories to all Coloradans.
The CIRC Communications Manager is essential to connecting our statewide movement and will ensure CIRC members are informed about the work of the coalition and our national partners. This Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director and is a key member of the team that drives rapid response messaging, collateral development, and strategy support for organizing, development, and the coalition’s annual legislative priorities. This position offers critical support to the Development Team and will manage a communications plan to support fundraising, membership, and CIRC’s stakeholder messaging.
- Manage Strategy, Program, Campaign, and Development Communications
- Manage communications for campaigns, organizing, and fundraising.
- Develop member bulletins and education/advocacy materials to communicate campaign, program, and policy info to members, stakeholders, and donors.
- Manage the design process and digital dissemination of campaign, program, and organizational materials.
- Develop Communications protocols and prepare authorized spokespeople.
- Drafting, Pitching, and Rapid Response
- Manage rapid response efforts and work with the Organizing/Policy Team to identify the most effective and appropriate spokespeople on an issues/campaigns. Includes drafting petitions, action alerts, campaign sign-ons.
- Work to successfully place stories in various news media.
- Manage and prepare spokespeople and act as a spokesperson when needed.
- Web/Social Media/IT
- Manage website content, develop e-blasts and campaign collateral.
- Manage CIRC’s social media strategy, including effective and consistent Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and/or other communications.
- Support the management of donor, member, and media lists.
- Support messaging, fundraising campaigns, and digital donor engagement strategies.
- With Development team manage the development, design,and dissemination of fundraising materials.
- Participate in annual fundraising activities as part of the CIRC team.
- Member of Staff Team Committed to Anti-Oppression
- All staff are expected to be active participants in CIRC’s internal anti-oppression and inclusivity efforts, and to make progress toward a vision of an organizational culture that reflects the values/principles that we are fighting for in the world.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of immigration and immigrant-related policies, including enforcement and deportation system, and other social justice issues preferred.
- Candidates should have 3-5 years of related Communications experience.
- Experienced writer and training as on-camera spokesperson preferred.
- Some experience with Adobe Suite, WordPress, Salsa and/or other CRM online constituent engagement tools.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to and work with diverse communities and coalitions.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish required. Language capability with other diverse immigrant and refugee communities a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary, including evenings or weekends for events.
- Ability to travel statewide and to national convenings.
Salary & Benefits: This is a full time position with a starting salary in the low 40’s, with full Health, Vision, and Dental benefits and a generous PTO policy.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter, two writing samples (1 English/1 Spanish), graphic design/program collateral portfolio, and contact information for three references in one Word or PDF document to: email@example.com.
CIRC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER THAT STRONGLY SUPPORTS THE SOCIAL GOALS OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND ANTI OPPRESSION. PEOPLE OF COLOR, WOMEN, LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, TRANSGENDER, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AS WELL AS OLDER PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.