Job & Internship Opportunities
Colorado Family Defender
Job Description and Position Announcement
Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition is hiring 6 enthusiastic full-time canvassers to help
support voter outreach in Adams County. Canvassers will be responsible for working within
diverse communities to inform voters about this year’s election. This position is an hourly, parttime
(20 Hours/Week), temporary contract position starting at $15/hour and will run through
November 8th, 2016.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform targeted door-to-door canvassing in assigned, pre-selected communities, in
coordination with a network of organizational regional partners.
• Enthusiastically engaging diverse communities, and remaining positive, assertive, and
• Participate in trainings and staff meetings, as assigned.
• Document information regarding all required metrics and canvass results including
information such as: the number of homes canvassed, number of contacts made, number
of consumer stories recorded, and the amount and type of information requested by
consumers during a canvass shift.
• Document any challenges or obstacles encountered in the field, and be prepared to offer
solutions and workarounds to overcome them.
• Other duties, as assigned.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
• Strong commitment to civic engagement and empowerment of underrepresented
• Strong collaboration skills, and a desire to work as part of a team and respond to the
needs of the team.
• Experience working with diverse communities, in particular, communities of color and
• Ability to work independently with broad guidance, and a self-starter.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to stay on task and problem solve.
• Enjoys meeting and interacting with new people.
Please e-mail a resume to Victor Galvan at email@example.com
Or call (720) 434-0343