Job & Internship Opportunities
Join our team!
Work with us and help us fight for dignity and respect for all Colorado residents.
|Title||CIRC West Slope Regional Organizer|
|Location||Grand Junction / Montrose, Colorado|
|Program area(s) and general summary||Responsible for supporting CIRC members with trainings and capacity building to strengthen CIRC membership. Engage CIRC West Slope region members to mobilize in CIRC’s strategic issue campaigns and base building activities.|
|Reports to||Campaigns Director|
|Posting Date||November 14, 2017 posting closes December 15, 2017 at 5PM MST|
The Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition (CIRC) is a statewide membership-based coalition of immigrant, labor, interfaith, youth and ally organizations founded in 2002 to build a unified statewide voice to improve the lives of immigrants and refugees in Colorado and the United States. CIRC is a 501(c)(3) organization under the Internal Revenue Code and achieves its mission through non-partisan civic engagement, public education and advocacy to win fair, humane and workable public policies.
The CIRC West Slope Regional Organizer is responsible for supporting CIRC members with trainings and capacity building to strengthen CIRC membership and mobilizing West Slope regional members in CIRC’s strategic issue campaigns. This position requires extensive travel within the region with frequent travel to Denver and participation in occasional national convenings.
- Training and Leadership Development
- Strengthen development of individual members as leaders in the region through targeted training and support.
- Connect members in West Slope Region to other trainings and base building opportunities through other priority campaigns.
- Manage and Advance Strategic Campaigns
- Manage West Slope region membership with support of CIRC Campaigns Director and the Organizing Team to advance goals and strategies for CIRC priority campaigns
- Work with members, base and allies to develop and execute local/regional components of the statewide campaign plans and grow their base.
- Ensure that plans are implemented effectively in region and that goals are achieved.
- Coordination and Support of Regional CIRC members
- Support plans for membership recruitment and growth.
- Maintain consistent communication with member organizations and board members, including organizing quarterly regional meetings.
- Function as liaison between member organizations, regional CIRC Board members and CIRC staff.
- Strengthen long-term working relationships and networks of existing and emerging immigrant-based and ally organizations in the West Slope Region and recruit new organizations in the West Slope Region to become members of CIRC
- Participation in Collective and Collaborative Grassroots Fundraising
- Achieve annual individual/team fundraising goals that all CIRC staff participates in annual events, house parties,and individual giving programs .
- Demonstrated Commitment to Anti-Oppression
- All staff are expected to be active participants in CIRC’s internal anti-oppression and inclusivity efforts to make progress toward a vision of an organizational culture that reflects the values/principles that we are fighting for in world.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to analyze context and develop organizing campaigns that build power in region.
- Organizational skills: Ability to coordinate and support the various moving components of coalition and campaigns.
- Strong communication: Maintain effective coordination and relations with members, staff and stakeholders.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Flexibility, willingness, and ability to work collectively with diverse individuals and organizations.
- A commitment to 100% follow-through and accountability to delivering the highest level of support to CIRC’s membership in the region.
- Bilingual written and spoken English and Spanish
Salary & Benefits: This is a 20 hr a week position with full health, vision, and dental benefits and a generous PTO policy. This position will start at 20 hours and may be increased to a 40 hour position as new funding allows.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references in one Word or PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted by 5PM December 15th, 2017. Late applications will not be considered. For questions or more information about CIRC please visit: www.coloradoimmigrant.org
If you are interested in interning with CIRC, please contact Caitlin@coloradoimmigrant.org.