We are no longer accepting applications for the Mountain Regional Organizer position.
The CIRC Mountain Regional Organizer is responsible for supporting CIRC members with capacity building opportunities to strengthen CIRC membership as well as mobilizing Mountain regional members in CIRC’s strategic issue campaigns. This position requires extensive travel within the region with frequent travel to Denver and participation in occasional national convenings
- Training and Leadership Development
- Strengthen development of individual members as leaders in the region through targeted training and support.
- Connect members in the Mountain Region to other training opportunities and base building opportunities through other priority campaigns.
- Manage and Advance Strategic Campaigns
- Manage Mountain region membership with support of CIRC Campaigns Director and the Organizing Team to advance goals and strategies for CIRC priority campaigns
- Work with members, base and allies to develop and execute local/regional components of the statewide campaign plans and grow their base.
- Ensure that plans are implemented effectively in the region and that goals are achieved.
- Coordination and Support of Regional CIRC members
- Support plans for membership recruitment and growth.
- Maintain consistent communication with member organizations and board members, including organizing quarterly regional meetings.
- Function as liaison between member organizations, regional CIRC Board members and CIRC staff.
- Strengthen long-term working relationships and networks of existing and emerging immigrant-based and ally organizations in the Mountain Region and recruit new organizations in the region to become members of CIRC.
- Participation in Collective and Collaborative Grassroots Fundraising
- Achieve annual individual/team fundraising goals that all CIRC staff participates in annual events, house parties,and individual giving programs.
- Demonstrated Commitment to Anti-Oppression
- All staff are expected to be active participants in CIRC’s internal anti-oppression and inclusivity efforts to make progress toward a vision of an organizational culture that reflects the values/principles that we are fighting for in the world
- Strategic thinking: Ability to analyze context and develop organizing campaigns that build power in the Mountain region.
- Organizational skills: Ability to coordinate and support the various moving components of coalition and campaigns.
- Strong communication: Maintain effective coordination and relations with members, staff and stakeholders.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Flexibility, willingness, and ability to work collectively with diverse individuals and organizations.
- A commitment to 100% follow-through and accountability to delivering the highest level of support to CIRC’s membership in the region.
- Language Proficiency: Bilingual written and spoken English and another language of the immigrant community in the mountain region.
Priority consideration will be given to applicants living in the mountain region (Pitkin, Garfield, Eagle, and Summit counties).
Salary & Benefits: This is a full time, 40 hours a week, permanent position with CIRC. The starting salary for this position is $46,150 a year with an addition of full health, dental and vision insurance, annual cost of living adjustments, a $50 cell phone stipend and a $50 monthly work from home stipend for the remainder of the COVID 19 pandemic restrictions.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references in one Word or PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23rd, 2021.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
CIRC welcomes applications from applicants of all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LBGTQ people; immigrants or refugees; people with disabilities; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. CIRC does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status, policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law.
Organization Summary The Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition (CIRC) is a statewide membership-based coalition of immigrant, labor, interfaith, youth and ally organizations founded in 2002 to build a unified statewide voice to improve the lives of immigrants and refugees in Colorado and the United States. CIRC is a 501(c)(3) organization under the Internal Revenue Code and achieves its mission through non-partisan civic engagement, public education and advocacy to win fair, humane and workable public policies.