The CIRC South Fellow is responsible for working with the South Regional Organizer to support CIRC members in the Southern region of CO with trainings, capacity building, and implementation of CIRC’s strategic priority campaigns. Strong preference for someone to be located in the San Luis Valley, Trinidad, or Pueblo.
- Coordination and Support of Regional CIRC members
- Expand community outreach, strengthen existing connections, and cultivate new relationships in immigrant communities, especially rural communities, in Southern Colorado (particularly San Luis Valley)
- Strengthen long-term working relationships and networks of existing and emerging immigrant-based and ally organizations in the South region and, when/if appropriate, recruit new organizations to become members of CIRC.
- Collaborate with the South Regional Organizer to organize and host quarterly regional meetings.
- Alongside the South Regional Organizer, function as a liaison between member organizations, and CIRC staff.
- Training and Leadership Development
- Support development of individual members as leaders in the region through CIRC’s Leadership Development Program.
- Connect members to training and base building opportunities through other priority campaigns.
- Fellows will strengthen their own personal and political leadership development through participation in CIRC 2021 Fellowship Program.
- Advancing Strategic Campaigns
- Alongside the South Regional Organizer, work with members, base and allies to develop and execute local/regional components of the statewide campaign plans and grow the immigrant rights base.
- Statewide Legal Defense Fund for Coloradans fighting deportation
- Data Privacy Protections for immigrant communities
- Supporting with regional/ local priorities including but not limited to:
- Protections for farmworkers in Colorado
- COVID relief support for immigrant communities in Southern CO
- Federal immigration overhaul/ reform for immigrants in Colorado
- Ensure that plans are implemented effectively in the region and that goals are achieved.
- Supporting on Regional Communications:
- Maintain consistent communication with member organizations
- Support with regional communication outreach (regional newsletter, social media posts, etc.)
- Participation in Collective and Collaborative Grassroots Fundraising
- Achieve annual individual/team fundraising goals that all CIRC staff participates in annual events.
- Demonstrated Commitment to Anti-Oppression
- All staff are expected to be active participants in CIRC’s internal anti-oppression and inclusivity efforts to make progress toward a vision of an organizational culture that reflects the values/principles that we are fighting for in the community.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to analyze context and develop organizing campaigns that build power in the region.
- Organizational skills: Ability to organize people and events in coordination with campaigns.
- Strong communication: Maintain effective coordination and relations with members, staff and stakeholders.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Flexibility, willingness, and ability to work collectively with diverse individuals and organizations.
- A commitment to follow-through and accountability to delivering the highest level of support to CIRC’s membership in the region.
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally and personally.
- Bilingual – English and second language that reflects the immigrant population in the region.
COVID-19 and Remote Work: In an effort to protect the safety and health of our team and our communities during the ongoing public health crisis, all CIRC employees, including fellows, will continue to work from home until further notice.
Compensation: This is a full-time position beginning May 2021 through May 2022 (1 year fellowship). It will be compensated at $17/hour with a health stipend and internet stipend. This position will include mileage reimbursement for travel within the region.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and your responses to the attached questions by Friday, April 23rd, 2021. If you have questions, please contact Nayda Benitez at (719) 726-5984.
CIRC is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on qualifications. CIRC policy prohibits unlawful discrimination in any employment decision based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.