Organizational Summaries: The Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition (CIRC) is a statewide membership-based coalition of immigrant, labor, interfaith, youth, and ally organizations founded in 2002 to build a unified statewide voice to improve the lives of immigrants and refugees in Colorado and the United States. CIRC is a 501(c)(3) organization under the Internal Revenue Code and achieves its mission through non-partisan civic engagement, public education, and advocacy to win fair, humane, and workable public policies.
CIRC Action Fund (CIRCAF) is a corporation organized to operate exclusively for the promotion of social welfare under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. CIRCAF believes in the inherent dignity and human rights of every person, regardless of immigration status. CIRC AF works to build a strong and thriving Colorado where all residents are treated with dignity and respect and have equal access to fair and just quality of life and the opportunity to live united with family members. We achieve our mission by advocating for fair, humane, and workable public policies at the state and local levels and by increasing the civic participation of new Americans.
Job Summary: The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with the organization’s technological, human resources, and office needs for CIRC and CIRC Action Fund. They will handle day-to-day operations for CIRC and CIRC Action Fund and help execute annual projects such as the CIRC assembly. The position will work closely with the Operations Manager, the C4 Mobilization Manager as well as the Deputy Director.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Operations and Technology
- Process all incoming mail
- Manage organization of C3 and C4 Google drive, including scanning relevant C4 documents received in the mail and saving in the appropriate Google Drive folder Answer and respond to calls to the Denver office, relay messages to relevant staff when appropriate, connect the community to CIRC, and statewide resources.
- Manage the general inquiry emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org responding to all general inquiries for both entities
- Ensure all central office systems are working effectively and that the central office has appropriate space, supplies, and equipment.Serve as point person with vendors/technicians (phones, internet, mail, copying, scanning, fax, shredder, etc.) to ensure all contracts and agreements are appropriately executed.
- Serve as a helper to regional offices as applicable to support regional office systems. Check out sound/translation and other equipment, and ensure its return in good working order.
- Maintain data collection on the use of supplies by budget class. Oversee maintenance and use of all information technology, both hardware, and software, to ensure organizational needs are met.
- Conduct data entry of all CIRC vendors and all pertinent contacts in Salesforce and support database maintenance as needed in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
● Learn admin basics on our CRMs, Salesforce and Every Action
● Create new Salesforce and Every Action accounts for new employees
● Assist staff members with mass uploading to Salesforce
● Support Operations Manager in completing backend work on Salesforce
● Support the Operations Manager and the Volunteer Coordinator in developing the volunteer’s app on Salesforce
● Human Resources and Organizational Support
● Post jobs on hiring boards and manage candidate applications in conjunction with hiring committees through email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Support hiring committees by forwarding appropriate information per the
committee chair, and arrange interview dates with candidates as directed.
● Create new accounts and provide keys and all equipment for newly hired staff members and deactivate accounts when staff leave.
● Process onboarding paperwork for new C4 hires
● Maintain organization calendars and inform Operations Manager of upcoming events and deadlines.
● Provide logistical support for CIRC and CIRC Action Fund for staff, and member meetings, retreats, and events, including reserving meeting rooms, ordering copies/printing/supplies, coordinating food and childcare, vendor scheduling, and supplies.
● Support monitoring and evaluation efforts as needed.
● Support the Operations Manager in executing the CIRC Annual Assembly.
● Support the C4 Managing Director in ongoing operational needs, including updating the C4 operational handbook and documenting C4 policies and procedures.
● Translating board minutes and distributing these to the board of directors.
● Member of Staff Team Committed to Collective and Collaborative Fundraising.
● Attending relevant fundraising events put forth by CIRC and CIRC AF’s development team.
● All staff participation in fundraising activities for:
- Colorado Gives Day
- Assembly Sponsorships
Member of Staff Team Committed to Anti-Oppression
● All staff is expected to be active participants in CIRC’s internal anti-oppression and inclusivity efforts to make progress toward a vision of an organizational culture that reflects the values/principles that we are fighting for in the world.
● All staff members are expected to participate in at least two anti-oppression trainings a year as recommended by the Racial Justice Committee.
- Salesforce: Experience with Salesforce preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills: Maintain effective coordination and relationships with members, staff, and stakeholders.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Flexibility, willingness, and ability to work collectively with diverse individuals and organizations.
- 100% follow-through: Stay on top of all specific tasks/follow-up items and general areas of work; support fundraising efforts.
- Bilingual: Candidate speaks more than one language other than English.
- Commitment to equity and challenging oppression.
Compensation, Benefits & Terms of Employment: This is a full-time, permanent position compensated at $48,379 a year. The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager. The Administrative Coordinator will have a three-month probationary period.
● Cell Phone – CIRC will pay a $75 monthly stipend to support your use of your cell phone, to be included in your paycheck.
● Health Insurance – The Administrative Coordinator as well as two dependents under the age of 18 are eligible to receive 100% employer-sponsored health, vision, and dental insurance beginning the first day of employment.
● Generous PTO Policy: All full-time CIRC staff start with two weeks off of paid time off this increases annually.
● Professional Development: $1,000 in professional development funds annually.
● Annual Cost of Living Adjustment: This position will receive an annual $1,000 salary cost of living increase, in addition to other changes per the union contract.
● Reimbursements will be made for expenditures during the normal course of your work at the following levels:
● Mileage – 65 cents per mile. However, for trips out of Denver, please consider renting a car.
● Food, lodging, supplies, or miscellaneous expenses will be reimbursed based on approval of submitted forms and receipts
Instructions to apply:
The Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Alma@coloradoimmigrant.org.
To be considered as an applicant please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position to email@example.com.