For resources please visit homeishere.us
Do you qualify to renew your DACA protections after the January 9th, 2018 Federal Court Order? Follow this flow chart!
DACA- What you need to know!
ATTENTION DACA recipients:
- USCIS has resumed accepting requests to renew your DACA status.
- Individuals who were previously granted deferred action under DACA may request renewal by filing forms:
- Pay appropriate $495 fee or approved fee exemption request & file your DACA renewal at a USCIS designated location.
- USCIS is not accepting requests from individuals who have never before been granted deferred action under DACA.
- USCIS will not accept or approve advance parole requests from DACA recipients.
- This could be a short window to file DACA renewals given that the Trump administration is likely to appeal the court ruling that forced them to reopen renewals in the first place. TAKE ACTION NOW!
- Please consult a lawyer if you have any questions on any specific case.
- Finally, this underscores the need for Congress to pass a permanent solution to protect Dreamers. We need a clean
Adapted from the National Immigration Law Center (NILC) Twitter Thread.
- Frequently Asked Questions – National Immigration Law Center (NILC)
- USCIS & DACA Renewals – What you need to know – NILC & United We Dream
Colorado DACA recipients, listen up!
- Your work permit is valid until it expires.
- If your work permit expires by March 5th, RENEW before October 5th
- If you have never had DACA, DO NOT apply now.
- Ask everyone you know to fight for a permanent solution!
- Text DREAM to 945602
- Visit our events page to attend a FREE DACA Renewal Workshop!
- Be careful dealing with “notarios” and don’t let yourself be scammed!
More info on what to do now that President Trump announced the end of DACA: here
Más info en español: aquí
- The U.S. Supreme Court announced that it will hear the case on DACA.
- Nothing has changed. We encourage DACA recipients to continue renewing.
- If you have never applied for DACA, unfortunately, new applications are not being accepted.
More info on the Supreme Court’s announcement: here
Organizations that will help pay for your DACA Fee:
|Mission Asset Fund||LC4DACA Application|
|YMCA Boulder||Colorado DACA Project | email: email@example.com • 303-664-5455 x9999|
|League of United Latin American Citizens||LULAC DACA Scholarship|
|United We Dream||United We Dream | email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|New Economy Project||New Economy Project DACA Fund|
|Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA)||www.chirla.org | Contact CHIRLA at 1 – (888) 624-4752|
|Crowdsourcing||Search YouCaring for DACA crownfunds|
DACA LOAN PROGRAMS
|Self-Help Federal Credit Union||DACA Loan Application|
|Fitzsimons Credit Union (Aurora, CO)||DACA Loan Application|
Resources for Higher Education:
Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
Updates: What you need to know!
- Sudan: TPS for Sudan has been extended through January 2, 2020
- Nicaragua: TPS for Nicaragua has been extended until January 2, 2020
- Liberia DED: DED for Liberia was been given a 12-month termination in March 2018. Last day was March 31, 2019
- Nepal: TPS for Nepal was given a 12-month termination in April of 2018. Last day was June 24, 2019
- Haiti: TPS for Haiti has been extended until January 2, 2020.
- El Salvador: TPS for El Salvador has been extended until January 2, 2020.
- Honduras: TPS for Honduras was given a 18-month termination on March of 2018. Last day will be January 5, 2020
- South Sudan: TPS for South Sudan was given an 18-month extension on March 3, 2019. The next decision date will be September 3, 2020.
- Syria: TPS for Syria was given an 18-month extension in January 2018. The next decision date will be August 1, 2019
- Yemen: TPS for Yemen received an 18-month extension in July 2018. The next decision will be January 3, 2020.
- Somalia: TPS for Somalia received an 18-month extension in July 2018/ The next decision date will be January 17, 2020.
For more information and resources: here
Information source: BPS: We Dream Together