The Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition (CIRC) is a statewide membership-based coalition of immigrant, labor, interfaith, youth and ally organizations founded in 2002 to build a unified statewide voice to improve the lives of immigrants and refugees in Colorado and the United States. CIRC achieves this mission through non-partisan civic engagement, public education and advocacy to win fair, humane and workable public policies.
CIRC’s 2019 priority campaigns voted by the membership include:
- iDrive Colorado: to fix and improve the implementation of SB-251 driver’s licenses so that eligible persons have full, fair, and equal access to obtain a SB-251 driver’s licenses. The iDrive Coalition is the vehicle for this campaign.
- The Campaign to Unite Colorado: Stop and resist detentions/deportations by ending state collaboration with ICE.
- Support regional priority campaigns and membership activities
- Work with the Northern Colorado Regional Organizer and Federal Campaigns Director to advance goals and strategies for statewide campaigns
- Work with members, base and allies in the region to develop and execute local/regional components of the statewide priority campaigns including scheduling and participating in meetings with key members
- Ability to coordinate and support the various moving components of coalition and campaigns.
- Strong communication: Maintain effective coordination and relations with members, staff and stakeholders.
- Team work & Collaboration: Willingness and ability to work collectively with diverse individuals and organizations across campaigns and regions.
- Bilingual preferred – English and another language relevant to the immigrant community.
- Flexibility: This position requires flexibility to work some evenings and weekends for membership activities and regional and statewide gatherings. Regional travel is required and mileage reimbursement will be provided.
More Info & How to Apply:
- This is a fellowship for 6 months, with possible extension
- Full time position
- • $15/hr
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com