CIRC Action Fund is hiring enthusiastic part-time Democracy Organizers. This position will spearhead a campaign in the Aurora municipal election focused on turning out low-propensity API, Latinx, Black and Native American voters. The Democracy Organizer is a $15/hour part-time (30 hrs.), temporary contract position starting in early August until November 5, 2019.
- Execute a variety of field-focused activities including but not limited to:
- Door-to-door voter engagement
- Peer-to-peer texting
- Event planning focused on voter turnout within assigned region.
- Build a network of volunteers to plug into various voter engagement opportunities.
- Help develop an inclusive field team environment focused on professional development and maintaining a high team morale.
- Accurately report any field-related data to the CIRC Action Fund Regional Campaign Managers at the end every day.
- Document any challenges or obstacles encountered in the field, and be prepared to offer solutions to overcome them.
- Execute other voter engagement-related duties, as assigned.
- Experience with voter registration, door knocking, phone banking and other forms of voter engagement preferred.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Strong collaboration skills, and a desire to work as part of a team and respond to the needs of the team.
- Experience working with diverse communities, in particular, communities of color and low-income communities.
- Bilingual/Multilingual Spanish is a huge plus.
More info & How to Apply
- This is a fellowship is from early August-November 5th
- Part time position
- Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and/or resume to email@example.com