|Title||North Regional Organizer|
|Location||Northern corridor of CO including but not limited to the following counties: Boulder, Weld, Larimer, Morgan, Yuma|
|Program area(s) & general summary||Responsible for supporting CIRC members with trainings and capacity building to strengthen CIRC membership. Engage CIRC North region members to mobilize in CIRC’s strategic issue campaigns and base building activities|
|Reports to||Campaigns Director|
|Posting Date||March 25, 2019|
The Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition (CIRC) is a statewide membership-based coalition of immigrant, labor, interfaith, youth and ally organizations founded in 2002 to build a unified statewide voice to improve the lives of immigrants and refugees in Colorado and the United States. CIRC is a 501(c)(3) organization under the Internal Revenue Code and achieves its mission through non-partisan civic engagement, public education and advocacy to win fair, humane and workable public policies.
The CIRC North Regional Organizer is responsible for supporting CIRC members with trainings and capacity building to strengthen CIRC membership and mobilizing members in CIRC’s strategic priority campaigns. This position requires extensive travel within the region with frequent travel to Denver, within the region and occasional out of state travel to national convenings. Strong preference for individual to be located in Boulder County. Reliable transportation to travel the region is required.
- Training and Leadership Development
- Strengthen development of individual members as leaders in the region through targeted training and support.
- Connect members to trainings and base building opportunities through other priority campaigns.
- Manage and Advance Strategic Campaigns
- Manage North region membership with support of CIRC Campaigns Director and the Organizing Team to advance goals and strategies for CIRC priority campaigns
- Work with members, base and allies to develop and execute local/regional components of the statewide campaign plans and grow the immigrant rights base.
- Ensure that plans are implemented effectively in region and that goals are achieved.
- Support members to run effective Civic Engagement campaigns during the election cycle that could include voter registration, Get out the Vote canvassing, and phone banking, and a willingness to learn and work with the Voter Activation Network (VAN).
- Coordination and Support of Regional CIRC members
- Support plans for membership recruitment and growth.
- Maintain consistent communication with member organizations and board members, including organizing quarterly regional meetings.
- Function as liaison between member organizations, regional CIRC Board members and CIRC staff.
- Strengthen long-term working relationships and networks of existing and emerging immigrant-based and ally organizations in the North region and recruit new organizations to become members of CIRC.
- Participation in Collective and Collaborative Grassroots Fundraising
- Achieve annual individual/team fundraising goals that all CIRC staff participates in annual events, house parties ,and individual giving programs .
- Demonstrated Commitment to Anti-Oppression
- All staff are expected to be active participants in CIRC’s internal anti-oppression and inclusivity efforts to make progress toward a vision of an organizational culture that reflects the values/principles that we are fighting for in world.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to analyze context and develop organizing campaigns that build power in the region.
- Organizational skills: Ability to coordinate and support the various moving components of coalition and campaigns.
- Strong communication: Maintain effective coordination and relations with members, staff and stakeholders.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Flexibility, willingness, and ability to work collectively with diverse individuals and organizations.
- A commitment to 100% follow-through and accountability to delivering the highest level of support to CIRC’s membership in the region.
Bilingual English and Spanish or other second language preferred.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full time position starting in the $39,000-$41,000 range with full health, vision, and dental benefits and a generous PTO policy.
Submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references in one Word or PDF document to: email@example.com.
All applications must be received by April 12, 2019 5PM . Late applications will not be considered. For questions or more information about CIRC please visit: www.coloradoimmigrant.org