|Title||Federal Campaign Organizer|
|Location||Denver, Boulder metro areas|
|Program area(s) & general summary||Responsible for supporting CIRC members with trainings and capacity building to strengthen CIRC membership. The Federal Campaign Organizer is responsible for meeting event goals that are critical to moving Senator Cory Gardner to publicly push for the DREAM and Promise Act of 2019. Use campaigns and base building activities|
|Reports to||Campaigns Director|
|Posting Date||June 5, 2019|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with CIRC staff to plan, organize, and implement bird dogging activities within assigned region targeting Senator Cory Gardner.
- Build a network of volunteers to plug into various phone banking, text banking and direct actions.
- Organize events focused on Senator Cory Gardner within assigned regions.
- Meet field goals that include, but will not be limited to: volunteer recruitment, pledge card collection, call goals and event attendants.
- Accurately report all event data to the CIRC Federal Campaigns Director at the end every event.
- Document any challenges or obstacles encountered in the field, and be prepared to offer solutions to overcome them.
- Coordinate media turnout to events with local media outlets.
- Set up press and direct action events with any equipment necessary for the action.
- Prepare speakers, meeting attendants with talking points and questions for Congressional staff or Senator Gardner.
- Execute other civic engagement-related duties, as assigned.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Strong commitment to civic engagement and empowerment of underrepresented
- Strong collaboration skills, and a desire to work as part of a team and respond to the needs of the team.
- Experience working with diverse communities, in particular, communities of color and low-income communities.
- Ability to work independently with broad guidance, and a self-starter.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to stay on task and problem solve.
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with new people.
- Bilingual/Multilingual (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese, Hindi, Tagalog, Amharic or Arabic) a huge plus.
Your contract begins ASAP-October 4th, 2019. Your hourly rate is $15.00 per hour for up to 25 hours per week through the contract period.