|Title||Communications & Development Coordinator|
|Program area(s) and general summary||The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for strengthening visibility and communications capacity of CIRC’s development team while helping the coalition to advance mission at state and regional level.|
|Reports to||Communications Director|
|Posting Date/Closes||Posted January 12th|
The Communications and Development Coordinator (Coordinator) aims to be the person who intersects the Development Team and the Organizing Team to collect stories of people impacted by the work CIRC does statewide for the purpose of development and placing stories to to support our mission, In addition, the coordinator will help coordinate internal coalition communications and story collection. This Coordinator will support members to speak to a range of stakeholders, including media, and ensure CIRC’s social media presence is consistent and engaging. The Coordinator will help the Communications Director drive more pro-immigrant messages in Colorado print, TV, radio and online outlets by making sure our member’s stories touch all Coloradans.
To help CIRC build our statewide movement, the Coordinator will help ensure CIRC members are connected and informed about the work of the coalition and of our national partners. The Coordinator will oversee and track and the delivery of benefits and customer service through internal member communications and relations. The Coordinator will participate in both the Organizing Team and the Development and Finance Team to help bridge the organizing and fundraising work. Enhancing and supporting fundraising and development through communications will be a central pillar of the Coordinator’s work. This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Communications Director, and will also work closely with the Director of Development for fundraising communication goals.
- Strategy and Member Support
- Work closely with Organizing Team and Development Team to chart a communications course for organizing and fundraising campaigns, and help ensure alignment between organizing and fundraising communications by developing a story bank.
- Work with Organizing Team and the Communications Director to plan and facilitate trainings on communications and messaging for members.
- Develop bulletins and education/advocacy outreach materials to communicate campaign and coalition info to members, supporters and donors.
- Support with Denver office teamwork.
- Drafting updates to membership.
- Drafting compelling appeals to stakeholders integrating the policy, organizing and fundraising work of the organization.
- Drafting and Pitching to Media
- Work closely with CIRC members to provide members opportunities to increase their organization’s visibility through media exposure.
- Manage rapid response, knowing when and how to identify the most effective and appropriate spokesperson on an issue.
- Ability to successfully place stories in various forms of news media.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media. Build media lists by statewide regions.
- Serve as CIRC spokesperson when needed and prepare other CIRC members for statement/campaign pressers.
- Web/Social Media/IT
- Coordinate website content, e-blasts and information campaigns.
- Coordinate CIRC’s social media, including an effective and consistent Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, blog, and/or other.
- Provide web support to deportation resistance cases and other types of actions for legislative campaigns (drafting petition language, blasting action alerts, promoting on social media, etc.)
- Create flyers, graphics, images, and take pictures to support our communications infrastructure and our development work.
- Draft compelling appeals to send to to top level, mid level, low level, and monthly giving donors. Distribute some of these posts on social media to increase engagement and fundraising.
- Develop community connections to guide storytelling from our constituent communities and CIRC’s impact
- Participate in Development Team to help ensure alignment with Organizing Team.
- Support the Development Team with the communications aspects of development and fundraising plans.
- Member of Staff Team Committed to Anti-Oppression
- All staff are expected to be active participants in CIRC’s internal anti-oppression and inclusivity efforts to make progress toward a vision of an organizational culture that reflects the values/principles that we are fighting for in the world.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to analyze context and develop organizing campaigns that build power in region.
- Organizational skills: Ability to coordinate and support the various moving components of coalition and campaigns.
- Strong communication: Maintain effective coordination and relations with members, staff and stakeholders.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Flexibility, willingness, and ability to work collectively with diverse individuals and organizations.
- 100% follow-through: Stay on top of all specific tasks/follow-up items and general areas of work; consistently meet deadlines.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of immigration and immigrant-related policies, including enforcement and deportation system, and other social justice issues.
- Candidates should have a strong interest in communications, graphic design, storytelling and/or photography.
- Experienced writer and training as on-camera spokesperson preferred.
- Some experience with Adobe Suite, WordPress, Salesforce and/or other CRM online constituent engagement tools.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to and work with diverse communities and coalitions.
- Bilingual fluency in written and spoken English and another language preferred. Language capability with other diverse immigrant and refugee communities a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary, including evenings or weekends for events.
- Ability to travel to occasional statewide and national convenings.
Salary & Benefits: This is a full time position with a starting salary of $41,500 with full Health, Vision, and Dental benefits and a generous PTO policy.
To Apply: Submit resume, 2 writing samples (1 English/1 in other language), graphic design/program collateral portfolio, and contact information for three references in one Word or PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or more information about CIRC please visit: www.coloradoimmigrant.org