CIRC Action Fund is hiring enthusiastic part-time Democracy Organizers. This position will spearhead a campaign in the Denver City Council municipal election focused on turning out voters for CIRC Action Fund’s endorsed candidates. The Democracy Organizer is a $15/hour part-time, temporary contract position starting in late March until June 3, 2019.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute a variety of field-focused activities including but not limited to:
- Door-to-door voter engagement
- Phone banking
- Peer-to-peer texting
- Event planning focused on voter turnout within assigned region
- Ethically collecting and entering data and holding all campaign staff to this standard
- Build a network of volunteers to plug into various voter engagement opportunities.
- Help develop an inclusive field team environment focused on professional development and maintaining a high team morale.
- Accurately report any field-related data to the CIRC Action Fund Field Director at the end every day.
- Document any challenges or obstacles encountered in the field, and be prepared to offer solutions to overcome them.
- Execute other voter engagement-related duties, as assigned.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 1 campaign cycle (paid or volunteer) or a strong passion for electing progressive, equity-driven candidates.
- Experience with voter registration, door knocking, phone banking and other forms of voter engagement.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Strong collaboration skills, and a desire to work as part of a team and respond to the needs of the team.
- Experience working with diverse communities, in particular, communities of color and low-income communities.
- Bilingual/Multilingual Spanish is a huge plus.
Please email a resume and three references to Alex Galeana at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions pertaining to this position please call (949) 702-1188.