Title: Census Organizer
Location: Statewide; Statewide travel required to CIRC regions
Reports to: Federal Campaign Director
Posting Date: Aug 12, 2019
Open: until filled
The CIRC Census Organizer is responsible for supporting CIRC members with trainings and capacity building to strengthen CIRC membership and mobilizing members in CIRC’s strategic priority campaigns. This position requires extensive travel within the region with frequent travel to Denver, within the state.
Training and Development:
- Strengthen development of organizational members as leaders in the region through training and support on the 2020 census outreach organizing
- Connect members to trainings and base building opportunities through other priority campaigns and regional efforts.
Coordination and Education on Census:
- Support CIRC membership engagement in the census via partner materials and outreach activities.
- Maintain consistent communication with member organizations, provide PowerPoints and tool-kits for member organizations,
- Function as a liaison between member organizations and Census outreach partners
- Strengthen long-term working relationships and networks of existing and emerging immigrant-based and ally organizations in collaboration with the regional organizers and organizations who will assist in 2020 census outreach activities.
- Adept at developing flyer, facebook, twitter, instagram graphic design materials
- Experience creating community curriculum education materials using a train the trainers model
- Help Communications staff with audience segmentation of partners, stakeholders and CIRC Member orgs
- Participation in Collective and Collaborative Grassroots Fundraising
- Achieve annual individual/team fundraising goals that all CIRC staff participates in annual events, house parties,and individual giving programs.
- Demonstrated Commitment to Anti-Oppression
- All staff are expected to be active participants in CIRC’s internal anti-oppression and inclusivity efforts to make progress toward a vision of an organizational culture that reflects the values/principles that we are fighting for in the world.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to analyze context and develop organizing campaigns that build power and participation in the 2020 census
- Organizational skills: Ability to coordinate and support the various moving components of coalition and campaigns.
- Strong communication: Maintain effective coordination and relations with members, staff and census stakeholders.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Flexibility, willingness, and ability to work collectively with diverse individuals and organizations.
- A commitment to 100% follow-through and accountability to delivering the highest level of support to CIRC’s membership in the regions.
- Bilingual English and other widely spoken second language that reflects CO’s immigrant population.
Salary & Benefits: This is an 8 month temporary full time position August- May1, 2020 starting at $41,500 (prorated for 8 months out of 12 for a salary of $27,600, which ends up being $21.60/hr) with full health, vision, and dental benefits, professional development funds and a generous PTO policy.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references in one Word or PDF document to: email@example.com.
The Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition (CIRC) is a statewide membership-based coalition of immigrant, labor, interfaith, youth and ally organizations founded in 2002 to build a unified statewide voice to improve the lives of immigrants and refugees in Colorado and the United States. CIRC is a 501(c)(3) organization under the Internal Revenue Code and achieves its mission through non-partisan civic engagement, public education and advocacy to win fair, humane and workable public policies.