Organizational Summary: CIRC Action Fund (CIRCAF) is a corporation organized to operate exclusively for the promotion of social welfare under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. CIRCAF believes in the inherent dignity and human rights of every person, regardless of immigration status. CIRCAF works to build a strong and thriving Colorado where all residents are treated with dignity and respect and have equal access to a fair and just quality of life and the opportunity to live united with family members. We achieve mission through advocating for fair, humane and workable public policies at the state and local level and by increasing the civic participation of new Americans.
The Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition (CIRC) is a statewide membership-based coalition of immigrant, labor, interfaith, youth and ally organizations founded in 2002 to build a unified statewide voice to improve the lives of immigrants and refugees in Colorado and the United States. CIRC is a 501(c)(3) organization under the Internal Revenue Code and achieves its mission through non-partisan civic engagement, public education and advocacy to win fair, humane and workable public policies.
Specific Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and generate content (e.g. videos, posts, graphics) for the organization’s social media accounts and website.
- In coordination with CIRC Action Fund senior team, identify press-worthy events/actions and work with field team to amass press coverage for them.
- Act as a spokesperson when talking to media when highlighting CIRC Action Fund’s electoral and issue-advocacy work.
- Manage electoral ad budget, content, and execution. This includes digital, radio, and print.
- Manage electoral mailer budget, content, and execution.
- Organize press trainings for the field team to prepare them to interact with media outlets.
- Write action alerts to engage members on CIRC Action Fund’s electoral and legislative campaigns. This includes, but will not be limited to: getting members to sign petitions, fill out surveys, canvass for the organization’s endorsed candidates, attend lobby meetings, and participate in text and phone-banking campaigns.
- Manage and develop content for phone and text-banking campaigns.
- Evaluate existing digital strategies to advise CIRC Action Fund senior team on target audience and tactics.
- Owns communication with membership, grassroots donors and public.
- Works closely with the Managing Director and Development Director to chart a communications course for organizing and fundraising campaigns, and help ensure alignment between programmatic and fundraising communications.
- Creates and manages infrastructure for recruiting and retaining C4 membership.
- Manages C4 membership retention and sustainable growth.
- Manages grassroots, individual donors and online fundraising donor relationships.
Strong Commitment Towards Anti-Oppression:
- All staff are expected to be active participants in CIRC’s equity and inclusivity efforts to make progress toward a vision of an organizational culture that reflects the values and principles that we are fighting for.
- Substantive experience working in advocacy, community organizing, or a non-profit environment.
- Strong experience in communications, graphic design, storytelling and/or photography.
- Background in working in electoral campaigns strongly preferred.
- Experienced writer and training as on-camera spokesperson preferred.
- Some experience with Adobe Suite, WordPress, Salesforce, EveryAction and/or other CRM online constituent engagement tools.
- Experience with VAN or PDI.
- Experience with peer-to-peer and relational texting tools such as Hustle and OutVote.
- Knowledge of, and relationships within, local and state immigrant rights movement.
- A passion for building a reflective democracy and power building in communities of color.
- Excellent communication skills, writing, budgeting, and time management skills.
- Up to 15% travel within state and occasional out of state travel for trainings and conferences.
Strong Commitment Towards Anti-Oppression: Full-time position, competitive salary starting at $45,000 plus full medical benefits and generous PTO policy.